Airmail Mac 3.x

How can we improve Airmail?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. UI Refresh

Great we have a mac app. However, I find the overall look and feel a bit dated.

Fonts and colour scheme do not make it compelling to use. Functionality great

104 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  2. Reply to does not always include the entire previous message

Reply to does not always include the entire previous message. Some emails I have to reply to from Gmail because either a) the reply email has no content at all (just the sender and a blue 'bar' that marks the beginning of the email I am replying to) or b) the last message is not included in the reply, so it looks like I am replying to myself.

I can't see a consistent pattern as to what causes this. If I see anything I will let you know.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Compatibility with ProtonmailBridge

ProtonMail Bridge (https://protonmail.com/bridge) claims to use the standards for IMAP & SMTP, yet it is incompatible with Airmail. Airmail will just freeze and restart when Bridge is used. Could the be investigate and fixed?

480 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Composer overhaul

I know this is rather a summary of different "ideas" and not all are new but I am afraid that 15+ ideas with 4-5 votes will never get the attention so I figured I'd just summarize them. So maybe it's me but I think proper email formatting is a basic functionality that should be given. The way the composer works today is beta status *at best*:

* Everytime I add a bullet or numbered list via markdown editor, I get double spacing between the bullets/ list items (when I paste from Byword, it looks fine!)
    * In general, there is…

413 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add a reminder to an already sent mail

The reminders feature is an integral part of my workflow to track follow-ups, a great feature.

What is missing is the ability to add a reminder to an already sent mail as well as the ability to modify or delete an existing reminder, shouldn't be a biggie I suppose and is integral to the usability of this feature.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Include attachment content in search results

Include text-based documents (doc, txt, pdf, etc) in the search index. So when a search query appears inside an attached document, it shows up in the search results, this could be made optional via a checkbox.

Ideally the search results would show the context of the searched query inside each matched result and when clicked, it would show the document where the matched search query is highlighted.

Gmail already has this functionality but due to privacy concerns I'd rather use my own IMAP and mail client.

73 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  7. Badge count not working on iOS

After installing Airmail for iOS, the badge count is not working on both iPhone and iPad. It's working fine on Mac. What am I missing? I have notifications enabled, with all the boxes checked. I found old threads which suggested enabling something about "badges for messages on the server", but I have no such option anywhere in Settings. Any ideas? Thanks.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add office365 MFA authentication

Please add authentication for Office365 using Microsofts ADAL SDK (https://github.com/AzureAD/azure-activedirectory-library-for-objc. This would enable AirMail usage for accounts managed by draconian IT departments that don't allow app passwords while having MFA enabled. Thanks!

172 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Connect  ·  Admin →
  9. autocrypt support

Would be nice if Airmail on Mac Os and iOS would Support Autocrypt for PGP.
    https://posteo.de/blog/neu-vereinfachte-e-mail-verschl%C3%BCsselung-mit-autocrypt-und-openpgp-header

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. attachments

I have a very hard time finding attachments. They are placed randomly in my emails. For example, a recent reply from a third person says "please find these attachments". They are placed randomly "near" the bottom in a completely random place. In apple mail i can click the paperclip icon to see and download the attachments. In Airmail I have to *hunt* through the email to find where they randomly are. I have to open apple mail to download attachments instead of this frustrating attachment hunt. What is going on?

149 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Attachments  ·  Admin →
  11. Follow-up reminders - so much room for improvement!

Love that we can set follow-up reminders to outgoing email in the event of a non-reply. However, the execution of the idea, in my opinion, leaves something to be desired:

1 - please arrange for the reminders to be moved automatically when the email is answered. Needing to do this manually, remembering which emails have been answered, is unnecessarily time- and energy-consuming.

2 - please use clearer flags for emails that have gone unanswered. I know we receive a notification each time the deadline passes, but this hovers in the top right corner of the screen for a few seconds…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Attachments overhaul

There are a few comments/pieces of feedback on attachments. But other than the composer, it's another bit of Airmail that could do with a proper revamp. Feels like an afterthought at the moment.

— Attachments at TOP of mail, not at the bottom or randomly in the email chain... Apple Mail sticks them at the bottom too and it's hella annoying, especially if the chain is long or when you're hunting for an old attachmrnt somewhere
    – Attachment/file view and/or manager. i.e. being able to view an inbox folder or sender as a file manager folder to organise attachments.
    —…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Trello integration does not work

Whenever I try to add an item to Trello from Airmail I get this error: The network connection was lost.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service  ·  Admin →
  14. Search engine that works

This is the worst search engine I've ever used. I have to search through all my emails to find the one I'm looking for. I don't like Apple mail so I'm going to have to find another that works. How can they possibly release and an email program with a horrible search engine?

153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Search  ·  Admin →
  15. Find text within an email being viewed

Currently there is only a search interface for filtering emails. Cmd-F while viewing an email switch to this (hiding the current email).

Worse, when viewing an email as a separate window, Cmd-F brings up the search interface in the main window, while giving no indication that it's done anything in the email window. If the email window is obscuring the main Airmail window then you can't tell that it did anything at all. This is sufficiently bad as to border on being a straight out UX bug.

Right now if I want to find something INSIDE a specific email I…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Interaction  ·  Admin →
  16. BusyContacts Integration

Hi - we really need BusyContacts to integrated with Airmail App please. Not having this feature (and having clonky Contacts show up instead every time) is really ruining my workflow. I am submitting a NEW request for this, since the other request for this in the database is marked as "already present". Which it isn't.

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Contacts  ·  Admin →
  17. Improve behavior of navigating conversations with the keyboard

Let's say I have a conversation thread in my inbox with 5 messages: 2 have been previously read and 3 are new. I'm using Gmail keyboard shortcuts, and I select the thread. This is what should happen:

- The 2 previously read messages appear collapsed.
    - All of the unread messages are expanded.
    - The oldest unread message is selected and scrolled fully into view.
    - Hitting "n" goes to the next oldest unread message. It is scrolled fully into view. Currently only a tiny amount is scrolled into view (e.g. enough to read the recipient list and nothing else),…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Admin →
  18. Automatically use different email signature for replies

I can see that this idea has been suggested a couple of times previously but not had the attention it deserves, so this is an attempt to finally get a desperately needed feature added.

Coming from MS Outlook, I really miss the ability to have a separate signature for new emails and one for replies and forwarding. I know that Airmail allows multiple signatures to be created, but manually selecting a different one for replies in tedious, time-consuming and simply doesn't make sense when using the Quick Reply feature!

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  19. Default 'from' email address to the inbox being selected

I have 4 email addresses configured in Airmail. Right now when I pick an email inbox and then choose to compose an email, the 'from' field is defaulted to a particular email address. Each time I have to remember to select the correct from email address before I send which is proving to be a difficult task. Please automate the from email address to whichever inbox I have selected or to which email address the email was sent to in the first place.

Airmail Version 3.3.2 (442) on macOS Sierra Version 10.12.2 (16C67)

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Composer  ·  Admin →
  20. Mors themes or ability to create/import new themes

I would like to have new choices for the themes in Airmail.
    I like ProXL but I don't want the text of the email, just the object, the sender and the labels.
    So, I would like to have some new themes, and/or the possibility to import some creation from great creators so it would be great to be able to create new themes ;)

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Layout  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 91 92
  • Don't see your idea?

Airmail Mac 3.x

Feedback and Knowledge Base