Airmail for iPhone

Expand emails to fullscreen on iPad

There needs to be an option at least to expand an email message to fullscreen reading on the iPad, especially in portrait orientation. As it is, the emails are cramped on the right side in an awkward and hard to read manner.

270 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Bernd EggertBernd Eggert commented  · 

Fullscreen in landscape mode is too small, especially on an iPad mini. It should use 100% of the screen width.

• Peter HansenPeter Hansen commented  · 

I never thought to try the button to the right of the trash bin, but now that I know about it, it is wonderful. The double tap with hold using two fingers is nice as well, but I don't know how I would have discovered that without this thread.

I am very happy now.....

• MarkMark commented  · 

The button on the right hand side of the bin opens an email in its own frame but unfortunately the email is the same size as that which is already on the standard landscape screen (at least on my iPad with a 9.7 inch screen)

What is needed is to have that frame which open up to be larger ie increase the amount of screen width it takes up. Another solution would be to allow the inbox column to be hidden.

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

Unless I've misunderstood it is now possible to expand an email to full screen using the button to the right of the Bin button at the top of the screen

• Gary HeadGary Head commented  · 

I'm a new Airmail user and I keep thinking I am missing something. Need a full screen option.

• AndrewAndrew commented  · 

I would also really appreciate being able to expand received emails to full screen as you can do on the native iOS mail app.

• Anonymous commented  · 

If you double tap the msg (in the list of msgs) with two fingers and hold after second tap the msg will show full screen.

• F, PerezF, Perez commented  · 

Yes, Full Screen View should be the Default.

• AntonioAntonio commented  · 

Buena idea, creo que sería un función muy interesante

Feedback and Knowledge Base