Airmail for iPhone

Make actions on individual emails in conversation thread

Sometimes i need to take an action on individual email in a thread, like i want to mark an email as "Todo" or "Memo", what happens currently is that all the email thread affected by the action. I can't mark an email in the thread as "todo" and another one as "memo".

36 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tom Houston commented  · 

This is a real problem that you can't address individual messages in a thread. I frequently want to delete specific emails without deleting them all.

• Joe commented  · 

agreed

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree as well. the ability to deal with a single email in a conversation is key.

• Milos commented  · 

100% agree. The biggest problem is the action is performed even on sent messages in the conversation if sent messages are contained in. E.g. if I archive whole conversation from Inbox folder, messages I have sent (messages from Sent folder) are moved to archive folder too. This is very nonstandard behaviour.

• Cristian commented  · 

This function is really needed, please add!

• Didier commented  · 

Agree with this too. I can't find how to work on individual e-mails within a conversation and this gets very annoying. I am currently considering a switch to airmail, but this is one feature that I find particularly unpleasant in airmail and that even leads to unpredictable behaviour on my computer (using an exchange account), where messages appear sometimes 3 or even 5 times in a conversation according to airmail, while there is actually only one message on the server (when I check on the Exchange webmail).

• JR commented  · 

100% agree. I often want to trash or label a single email in a conversation. I assumed this would work and have been very frustrated that operations affect the entire conversation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base