Airmail for iPhone

Option to disable swipe from left pulling out swipe menu

When I swipe left to right often I accidentally pull out the left menu when that wasn't my intent. It'd be great to have an option to disable this altogether!

12 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Adam commented  · 

A tap or swipe on the hamburger menu button in the top left is sufficient to open the menu. There is no need for a left-to-right swipe on an email to ever open the menu when 99% of the time my intent is to get to the two gesture based email actions.

• Jamie Kahn Genet commented  · 

Yep, this is just nutty. Really bad design, which is odd given the good design elsewhere. Half the time I go to swipe a message to the right, I open the mailbox list instead :-(

Why not just let the 'triple dash' button top left open the mailbox list? I mean what's the point of it being there, anyway, if you're not going to use it instead of a daft swipe that gets in the way of message swipes?

I just can't fathom this design decision. It's so bad and so unnecessary that I want to use Spark most of the time, still, instead of Airmail.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Swipe to right always pulls out menu.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need this, it's frustrating trying to swipe right and getting too close to the edge. I can get to the left side menu with the button on top no need to swipe to it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base