Airmail for iPhone

Allow standard notification sounds

The new sounds are great but I have always used Aurora for email so it's sort of hard wired in my brain as the email sound. It would be great if I could select from the inbuilt notification sounds on iOS.

451 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tim Hale shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Michael Lucero commented  · 

Or let you use other sounds you've added to your phone.

• Josh Greco commented  · 

Would really like this to be implemented. The included sounds aren't great.

• Petr Řezníček commented  · 

Choice to select own sound for each account will be great. That was one of the reasons why I stud with Apple Mail - that I can choose custom sounds for each email account.

• Aaron commented  · 

Yes. I love being able to set a unique sound for each box but the sounds in Airmail leave something to be desired. If you could let us use the sounds in the phone (Apple or even our own ringtones that come when you allow standards) that would be great

• Chuck commented  · 

Definitely. I was so used to my email sound, I brought it over from Android to my iPhone. But now I can't use it.

• Chuck commented  · 

This is definitely Italy needed. As it stands now, I am trying to use the regular mail app just to hear my normal sound and the use airmail to do the emailing.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Please !! No sound when receiving email.
    Thank u guys apart that everything is ok :)

• Anonymous commented  · 

+1 on native sounds as well

• Dave commented  · 

Native sounds ios.

• Dave commented  · 

Native sounds ios, please.

• Mike commented  · 

Would also appreciate the ability to use the standard notification sounds (or more than just the single New Mail sound we've got). The app is 10/10 otherwise, and this is a really minor thing. But that it's missing is strange since this email app is otherwise so completely customizable.

• Anonymous commented  · 

This is somethin i'm really missing too!

• Steve Kellener commented  · 

I would like to see the ability to select any sound on the phone. A ringtone, a song, built-in sounds, all of it should be available.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Is there a way to change the default notification sound to another one in the program? I think mine only has one notification tone.

Feedback and Knowledge Base