Airmail for iPhone

S/MIME encryption and signatures please!

With the availability of free S/MIME certificates from StartSSL and Comodo, they are essentially cheap enough for everybody to use (we just have to educate people)

I would dearly love to see at least S/MIME security capability with Airmail for iOS. The lack of this feature is glaring on many iOS mail apps. I have actively chosen AGAINST third party apps because of this lack.

In my perfect world, it would include GPG/PGP key cryptography, but I don't know how technically feasible it is on the iOS platform.

685 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Geordon VanTassle shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

37 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  · 

Apple mail app is in this season.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Basically negates any reason to use airmail on mobile. Should have existed in GM release 3. Here we are in beta and nothing. All I can advise is that the Mac Mail app is now better far and wide than this whole mess. At least enable some antiquated s/mime for now.. but I see this is not an issue to your dev team. Waste of money and should be uninstalling today.

• tonyseek commented  · 

s/mime still not workin in MS Exchange environment

+1, even for the latest release 3.5.4 (467)

• Mark commented  · 

not solved, those plugins are for macOS and not iOS.
    To sent a signed mail I have to switch to Apples Mail App :-(

• Christian Lasch commented  · 

s/mime still not workin in MS Exchange environment => NOT solved

Neither the GPG-Plugin nor the S/MIME Plugin work if you use an MS Exchange Server - so for my environment it is NOT solved. Support is involved since 12 months without any solution. Very poor performance.

This feature is NOT solved, if you use an exchange server with Airmail. Under this condition the plugin crases every time you try to send a message. Airmail support answered a year ago that they will fix it. Guys from Airmail - please prioritize encryption over unnecessary usability features!

• Jamie commented  · 

I can only assume there is no movement on this? The fact that the plugins for S/MIME and PGP are still "beta" and there is *nothing* for iOS is disappointing given many of the recent revelations regarding government snooping. Giving users a way to encrypt their communications is becoming more of a necessity as we move into a 'tinfoil hat world'.

For now, if there is any encrypted email I need to read I can at least use Apple's built in mail.app, but as I'm sure you are aware, this is lacking in many areas — which is why you made such a kick-ass alternative in the first place.

Please please please give us a (hopefully positive) update on this common feature request.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Also waiting for S/MIME support to try Airmail

• Dan North commented  · 

Yes please! I'm back using Mail.app because I need the digital signature. I'm really missing Airmail!

• Kris commented  · 

This is mandatory, additionally PGP. Finally when?

• Richard Bell commented  · 

This is long overdue, please add this!

• Noel Hunter commented  · 

The plugin for the mac version works well-- but I have to revert to Apple mail on my iPhone to sign and encrypt. Any ETA on when/if?

• Anonymous commented  · 

No S/MIME support is a deal breaker for me.

• Anonymous commented  · 

S/Mime or pgp
    Encryption is a must today.

Please give us this feature in your email app.

Thanks

• Richard Bell commented  · 

Definitely a feature worth implementing. I've been asking for this since the beginning, especially since it exists on the macOS client.

• Cristian commented  · 

Please add S/MIME encryption features like the default iOS app already has!

• Jeff commented  · 

Yes, it's time. Encryption and data security is becoming a need for everyone, and should be the default of the future.

• Mirko commented  · 

A feature I would appreciate.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base