How can we improve Airmail?

clicking near attachments collapses message unexpectedly

There seems to be a bug (or really confusing/annoying feature) where some clicks in the whitespace around messages will collapse the message.

I would expect that clicking on the header of a message should collapse it, but that area should be limited.

Right now, if you click near attachments (e.g. to drag-select a few, or just to give focus to AirMail by clicking in a blank area) the email gets collapsed. It's really quite infuriating at times, especially in long email chains, if you collapse accidentally as you're trying to grab an attachment, you have to re-find the email from the list to expand it again.

I've attached a mock-up of an email, showing the areas that will *currently* collapse the email, as well as another that shows what areas I would *expect* to collapse the email.

It's not perfectly precise, and there's a bit of variation depending on what labels/etc apply, but the main point is that there's a lot of space in the content of the email itself, which will collapse unexpectedly the email if clicked.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew HillAndrew Hill shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Andrew HillAndrew Hill commented  · 

This isn't limited to attachments by the way, even though my example includes attachments. If there's no attachment, the same horizontal bar across the page (the one just above the attachments) is still there, though that is also the bottom of the email.

Again, it seems really counter-intuitive that clicking in this area would collapse the email. There's no delineation between the area that does/doesn't collapse the window.

Feedback and Knowledge Base